**Our Commitment to You**
Springfield Ambulatory Surgery Center’s goal is to provide you with the highest quality endoscopy services and cost-efficient health care in a comfortable and safe environment. We aim to offer a degree of expertise, convenience and simplicity that is unmatched via our commitment to patient satisfaction and our commitment to quality.
**Our Commitment to Patient Satisfaction**
At Springfield Ambulatory Surgery Center your admitting time is short and simple, parking is ample and nearby and there are no miles of hallways and other confusing barriers to navigate — just a pleasant outpatient environment. Our patient satisfaction surveys repeatedly earn high praise for the center and its specialized staff; more than 95 percent of our patients give us “satisfied” or “very satisfied” ratings.
**Our Commitment to Quality**
At Springfield Ambulatory Surgery Center we support safe, quality patient care by using a collaborative team approach between the patient, the patient’s family, physicians and staff. Our office staff is helpful and compassionate with two main priorities: you and your procedure.
As part of our commitment to quality care, the management of (center name) implemented a Continuous Quality Improvement Process at its inception. Each quarter, our Quality Committee reviews many items, including:
- **Patient Satisfaction Review** where survey results, patient comments and any complaints are addressed. Prior patient suggestions have led to the addition of a larger variety of magazines and a television in our reception area; alternative preparations for colonoscopy; and the hiring of a telephone consultant to help us make our phone system as “patient-friendly” as possible.
- **Medical Records Review** to be sure that our chart documentation is accurate and current.
- **Tissue Review** to be sure all biopsies are reported promptly and accurately.
- **Credentials Review** to verify that our doctors, nurses and medical staff have up-to-date training and licenses.
- **Peer Review** where our doctors review each other’s charts to be sure the best possible medical care is being provided.
- **Pharmacy Review** to verify proper storage and administration of all medications.
- **Infection Control Review** to verify proper equipment sterilization, and patient and employee safety in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
**Post-Procedure Phone Calls**
Patients also shouldn’t be surprised to hear from us the day after their procedure. Our doctors just want to see how you’re feeling and make sure that your visit to Springfield Ambulatory Surgery Center was positive. Our staff is trained to ask a series of questions and to inquire if any problems occurred afterward. If the patient has a problem or question, our staff contacts the physician’s office and asks him to contact the patient directly. All information is kept in a confidential computer database for review by our Quality Assurance Committee so that we may continually improve our policies and procedures. Pardon the phone call, but we want to make sure your experience at Springfield Ambulatory Surgery Center is as pleasant as possible.